This article is an early stage draft. Please email me suggestions!
Things to Read or Do
State In A Box Overview
which briefly outlines a radically new approach to SSTR based in distributed infrastructure and Jeffersonian ideals.
Winning the Long Peace
- about extending the concept of the nation state to reflect the realities of current American policy.
STAR-TIDES and Starfish Networks: Supporting Stressed Populations with Distributed Talent
- National Defense University, Defense Horizons 70, co-author
Soft Development Paths
- Is there any way that everybody in the world can live reasonably well? Yes, but we need to work on the basics...
The Future of Poverty
- how computers and networks give us new ways of knowing which may end poverty forever
STAR-TIDES briefing at National Defense University
- one hour video plus supporting documents of the presentation I did about distributed infrastructure and the Hexayurt Project
Severe Panflu Response Strategies
- a really serious look at losing 25% of the human race in a single year, and what we can do about it.
- notes and boards from our demonstration at the Pentagon. Six ages of good stuff on infrastructure and resilience half way through. See the STAR-TIDES home page
- my main activity, a free/open source disaster relief and emergency shelter system.
Networked Domestic Disaster Response
- presents a well-reviewed plan for evacuating millions to tens of millions of American citizens in catastrophic emergencies.
Facilitating International Development through Free / Open Source
about changing the direction of international development by giving away free designs for great and useful technologies, like autorickshaws and water purifiers!
State In A Box - Identity Services Architecture
about re-engineering the nation state based on modern technology, starting with identity management. Includes extensive material on biometrics, OpenID, PKI and is fully buzzword compliant. It's the start on a book.
Our Future With Islam
- about Islam as a religion, culture and political system, and long term prospects for peaceful co-existence without falling back on Mutually Assured Destruction.
Saving the World on the Cheap
- about charities, governments, and the need for a new way to fund lifesaving engineering projects.
Resilience and Opportunity in 4GW
- on decentralized infrastructure and microfinance as was of moderating 4GW conflicts.
Discuss at The Sietch Forums